- 2 duck breasts
- 4 tsp 5 spice
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g egg noodles
- Fresh lime juice
- Toasted sesame oil, to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Score the skin of the duck breasts with a sharp knife, and rub in the five spice powder and lots of salt and pepper. Fry, skin-side down, in a hot pan for 3 minutes, then flip the breasts over and fry for 1 minute on the other side. Pop the pan in the oven for five minutes, then leave to rest.
- Warm the soy sauce and the honey together in a small pan for a minute, then allow to cool. At the same time, cook the noodles in a pan of salted water according to pack instructions, then drain, and toss through the chopped spring onions, a bit of lime juice, and some sesame oil. Distribute the noodles between two serving bowls.
- Slice the duck breast into strips, and place on top of the noodles. Drizzle with the soy and honey mixture, and garnish with some more spring onion and sesame oil.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box