- A big dollop of quality mayo
- 65g walnut halves
- 3 sticks of celery, plus celery leaves
- 2 apples, finely sliced
- 250g seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh mackerel fillets
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Make the salad by placing the walnut halves in a dry frying pan, and toasting them over a moderate heat for 4 minutes, flipping all the time. Leave to cool. Finely slice the celery (saving the leaves for later), and add to a large salad bowl with the grapes and apple. Toss in the lemon juice, mix well, and mix in the mayo, walnut halves, and celery leaves.
- Preheat the grill. Add the fish fillets to a large mixing bowl, and add the olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle over the parsley and season well, toss together, and transfer to a baking tray (skin-side up) and grill for 3 minutes until the skin is crisp. Serve immediately with the waldorf salad and a wedge of lemon.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box