- 750g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 250ml milk
- 40g grated parmesan
- 175g dried penne pasta
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- Pop the cauliflower into a saucepan, cover with water and crumble in the stock cube, and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes until softened, then drain and reserve the stock water. Return the cauliflower to the pan, add the milk, 200ml of the reserved stock, and half the cheese. Blend with a hand blender until smooth, and set aside.
- Cook the pasta for no more than 8 minutes, add the broccoli, and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain, return the pasta and broccoli to the pan, and add the tomatoes and the cauliflower sauce, and mix. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Pan fry the chicken and the onion in the olive oil, for about 3 minutes, or until golden. Tip half of the pasta mix into an ovenproof dish, top with the chicken and onion, then cover with the other half of the pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan and black pepper, and bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box