- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1 piece of day-old bread, grated
- 2 tbsp polenta
- Black pepper
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 egg
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 large white fish fillet, such as cod or haddock, cut into 3cm strips
- Preheat your oven to 220C, and line a baking tray with parchment. Brush the parchment with a little oil. Mix together the breadcrumbs and polenta in a bowl, and season well with black pepper.
- Set out another bowl with the flour, and mix in the paprika. In a third bowl, beat the egg. Season the fish strips with lemon juice.
- Bread the fish fingers by rolling them in the seasoned flour, then coating them in egg, and finally by breading them in the crumbs and polenta. Once done, bake in the oven for 12 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the breading is crisp and golden. Serve with salad, or in sandwiches!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box