- 400g tin jackfruit
- 5 tbsp jerk barbecue marinade or similar
- 1⁄4 shredded red cabbage
- 1 peeled carrot, ribboned with a peeler
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 burger buns
- Squeeze of lime
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Rinse and drain the jackfruit, then tip into a bowl and shred with a fork. Stir in the jerk marinade, and then transfer to a baking tray lined with lightly oiled foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the jackfruit is hot through and crisp at the edges.
- Make a coleslaw by chucking the cabbage, carrot, spring onion, and mayo in a bowl, and mixing well. Season with the squeeze of lime, the salt and pepper, and stir in the coriander. Serve the hot jackfruit on the bun with a generous splodge of the coleslaw, and enjoy!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box