- 500g quality chicken wings
- Large chunk of ginger, grated
- 50g cornflour
- Veg oil, for frying
- Sesame seeds and spring onion, to serve
- 6 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Small piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Make the sauce by adding all the ingredients to a saucepan, and simmering gently until syrupy. Remove from the heat, and leave to one side.
- Season the chicken wings with salt, pepper, and grated ginger. Toss in the cornflour, then fry for 10 minutes in about 2cm of veg oil over a decent heat. Once crisp, remove from the pan, and drain on kitchen paper. When ready to serve, reheat the sauce, and toss the chicken wings in it. Tip into a bowl with the sesame seeds and spring onions, and enjoy!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box