- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200g lamb neck fillet, cubed into small pieces
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 50g pearl barley or similar grain
- 600g mixed root veg, cubed
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 litre lamb or beef stock
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 100g green beans, chopped
- Heat the oil in a big saucepan, and fry the lamb pieces for a few minutes, until browned all over. Add the onion and barley, fry for a further minute to soften, chuck in the veg, worcestershire sauce, thyme, and stock, and simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Add the green beans, simmer for a further 3 minutes, then serve in bowls with crusty bread.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box