- 5g dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 70g pancetta lardons
- 1⁄4 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely sliced
- 200g tagliatelle
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150g mixed mushrooms
- 50g unsalted butter
- Small handful of parsley, chopped
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Kick things off by covering the dried mushrooms with cold water, and leaving to one side to soak for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the pancetta in some olive oil for 7 minutes or until crisp, and then chuck the garlic and chilli into the pan, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water to pack instructions. Drain the dried mushrooms (saving the liquor), and add them to the pancetta and garlic in the pan. Add the soaking liquor, the mushrooms, and the tomato, and simmer for a few minutes to reduce the liquid, then scatter over the parsley, and add the drained pasta to the pan and mix all together.
- Stir in the butter and the parmesan, and mix until it has emulsified and turned creamy. Serve immediately.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box