- 15g dried mushrooms
- 1.5 litres of boiled water
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 veg stock cube
- 4 tbsp miso paste
- 200g dried noodles
- 1 pack of firm tofu, drained and cut into 8 slices
- 3 tsp oil
- 4 eggs
- 150g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pak choi, leaves separated
- 6 spring onions, very thinly sliced
- 50g cashew nuts, chopped
- Dried chilli flakes, to serve
- Put the dried mushrooms in a large saucepan, and cover with boiled water. Chuck in the stock cube, soy sauce, and miso paste, and stir. Leave to one side for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a separate pan of water, the drain and set the noodles aside to dry. Boil the eggs for 5 minutes in the same water, and set aside with the rest.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, and add the tofu pieces to fry for 4 minutes, or until golden. Stir the noodles into the mushroom broth, and bring it all up to the boil. Chuck in the sliced mushrooms, simmer for 3 minutes, then add the spring onions and take off the heat.
- Divide the broth between 4 serving bowls, and top with the fried tofu and halved boiled eggs. Sprinkle with cashews and chilli flakes, and season with soy sauce.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box