- 4 tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 x 540g tins of jackfruit in brine, drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 250ml vegan red wine
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 750g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 bay leaves
- 500ml veg stock
- 250ml hot water
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 3 tbsp of margarine in a lidded saucepan, add the jackfruit and some seasoning. Fry for 15 minutes or until golden. Stir in 1 tbsp of soy sauce, then remove the jackfruit from the pan and reserve for later.
- Add another tbsp of margarine to the now-empty pan, and add the onion and celery and fry for 7-8 minutes. Add the garlic for the last minute, and stir in the flour. Pour in the wine and simmer for 2 minutes to reduce.
- Pop the thyme, carrots, bay leaves, potatoes, stock, and water in the pan, along with another tbsp of soy sauce. Bring up to the boil, then simmer for 50 minutes. Return the jackfruit to the pan, cook for another 10 minutes, and serve with crusty bread.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box