- 1 x 2kg piece of brisket
- 30g beef tongue
- Selection of veg, such as carrots, leeks, celery, onion, and roots, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Bouquet garni (tied parsley, bay leaf, and thyme)
- 2 sausages
- 1 small chicken
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of spaghetti, broken in pieces
- Put the brisket and tongue into a very large pan, and cover with water. Bring slowly to the boil, and skim the surface regularly. Add the chopped veg to the pan along with plenty of seasoning and the bouquet garni. Simmer for 2 hours over a low heat.
- Add the sausages and the small chicken to the pan, and simmer for another two hours. Take the pan off the heat, remove the veg and the meat, and keep warm to one side.
- Put the pan back on the heat, and add the pasta. Cook for 10 minutes or until cooked. Serve the pasta and rich broth in bowls, and serve the warm cooked meat on the side with mustard and pickles.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box