- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 2 tbsp Madras curry paste or similar
- 2 mackerel, cut across into 4-5 steaks
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, stems chopped and leaves saved for serving
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, zest and juice only
- ½ can of coconut milk
- Boiled rice, to serve
- In a little oil, cook the curry paste for a couple of minutes until very fragrant and hot. Toss the steaks into the pan, and get them nicely covered with the paste.
- Add the coriander stems and the lime juice, and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the red onion, and soften for a further minute or two.
- Tip in the half can of coconut milk, and season well. Sizzle away for about 15 minutes, turning the mackerel regularly to get it evenly cooked, then serve hot with rice and some flatbreads.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box