- 1.5kg pork loin, fat scored with a very sharp knife
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large cooking apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 230C. Boil a kettle full of water, place the pork on a metal rack over your sink, and pour the water all over the pork, allowing it to drain. Pat the meat dry, then rub well with olive oil and seasoning, then roll into a cylinder and tie with butcher’s string.
- Place the meat in a roasting tray and roast for 30 mins. Reduce the temperature to 180C and roast for another 75 minutes, until the crackling is nice and crisp.
- Make your roasted apples by placing the apples in a roasting tray, and sprinkling the mixed spices all over them before stirring to coat. Dot the butter over the top, pour over two tbsp of water, and place in the oven with the meat for the last 20 minutes of its cooking time. Slice the roast pork, and serve with the mashed apples and your favourite vegetables.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box