- 1.5 kg sirloin of beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Rocket and crusty bread, to serve
- 2 tbsp capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp gherkins, chopped
- ½ bunch spring onion, chopped
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 240C. Rub the beef all over with the oil, and season well with salt and pepper. Transfer to a roasting dish, and roast for 20 minutes. Turn the heat down to 190C, then roast for a further 10-15 minutes for medium-rare, or a little longer to your liking. Remove from the oven, and leave to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- While the meat is resting, make your salsa verde. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper. To serve, thinly slice the beef, arrange on plates, top with the rocket, and drizzle with the salsa. Enjoy with crusty bread and a good glass of wine!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box