- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 chillies, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chilli bean paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 110ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 sea bass fillet, cleaned, and skin scored three times with a knife
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Heat the veg oil in a wok, and when it starts to smoke, chuck in the chillies, ginger, spring onion, and garlic, and stir fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the chilli bean paste, fry for another minute, then add the soy sauce, vinegar, and chicken stock, and bring the mixture to a low simmer. Add the sesame oil, allow to thicken for a minute or two, then remove the sauce from the heat.
- Place the fish fillets onto a baking tray, and slather all over with your Sichuan sauce. Transfer to the oven, and cook for 20 minutes or until the fish has cooked through. Serve with stir-fried vegetables.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box