- 3 white potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 500g skinless cod loin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red and 1 green chilli, diced
- Handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g plain flour
- Oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. While the potatoes are bubbling, put the cod in a colander or steamer over the pan of boiling water, and steam for 8 minutes until flakey. Drain the potatoes, add the cod to the pan, and mash.
- Add the salt, garlic, chilli, chilli powder, and coriander. Mix well, then chuck in the ginger, cumin, and egg. Mix again, then shape with damp hands into 12 fish cakes, and lightly dust with flour. Chill the cakes in the fridge for 10-15 minutes, then fry for 3 minutes on each side in hot oil. Serve with a garnish of coriander.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box