- 2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 400g tofu, cut into squares
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 75g fresh edamame beans
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful of coriander, chopped
- Heat up the peanut or vegetable oil in a wok, chuck in the tofu, and fry for about 3 minutes. Add the light soy sauce and fry until the liquid has reduced, and the tofu is browned on one side. Carefully turn the tofu and brown on the other side for a minute or two. Add the dark soy and the balsamic, and reduce by half. Season with chilli flakes, then remove with a slotted spoon and keep to one side.
- Take a clean frying pan, and fry the chilli flakes for a minute or two in the peanut or vegetable oil. Chuck in the edamame beans along with a spoonful of water, then pour in the soy sauce, the balsamic, and the coriander. Mix well, then serve over the top of the spicy tofu. Yum!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box