- 150g quick-cook polenta
- 825ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into 1cm chunks
- 25g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g kale, shredded
- 75g cooked chestnuts or similar, roughly broken
- Salt and pepper
- Toast the polenta in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes. Stir in the stock and the harissa, and cook for 10 minutes or until creamy. Add a little water if it gets too thick.
- Cook the carrots in a little oil in a pan, stirring regularly for 4 minutes. Sprinkle over the hazelnuts, and cook for a further minute. Add the kale, season well, and cook for another five minutes - you want the carrots lightly browned, and the kale tender. Stir in the chestnuts, and cook for two minutes more.
- To serve this veggie delight, spoon the polenta into two bowls, and top with the sauteed vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil, season with pepper, and enjoy.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box