- 600g sliced squash or pumpkin
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 20g fresh sage leaves
- 2 rump steaks
- 300g tenderstem broccoli, blanched for 2 mins
- 1 chopped red chilli
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Tip the squash, onion, 2 tbsp of oil, chilli flakes, and 1 tsp of salt into a roasting tin, mix well, and then scatter with ⅓ of the sage leaves. Roast for 20 mins. Meanwhile finely chop half of the remaining sage, and pop into a bowl with 2 tbsp of olive oil, pepper, and the steaks. Mix well to coat, and then set aside.
- After 20 mins, add the blanched broccoli to the roasting tin, splash with olive oil, and reduce the heat to 200C. Roast for 10 mins. Mix the remaining sage with the chopped chilli, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
- Once the broccoli has been roasting for 10 mins, lay the steaks on top of the veggies and bake for 10 mins for medium rare. Once done, allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve with the vegetables, the dressing, and crumbled blue cheese.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box