- 10 mussels, cleaned
- 10 clams, cleaned
- 40ml white wine
- 2 x halibut fillets, boned and skin on
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 asparagus tips,
- 2 sliced, the rest whole
- 400ml fish stock
- 50g butter
- 20g small prawns or brown shrimp, cleaned
- Handful of seaweed (optional)
- Heat a large lidded saucepan, and chuck in the mussels, clams, and wine. Cook with the lid on for 4 mins or until all the shellfish have opened. Set aside. Meanwhile, season the halibut with salt and drizzle with a tbsp of oil. Place onto greased baking paper, and steam in a steamer for 8 minutes.
- Heat a lidded saucepan and add the remaining oil. Roll the whole asparagus in the oil, then add a ladle or two of fish stock. Cover, and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the asparagus and set aside. Simmer the rest of the fish stock in the same pan without the lid until reduced, then whisk in the butter and lemon juice. Chuck the asparagus, shellfish and the prawns and seaweed into the pan, and simmer for 2 minutes. Place the seafood mixture into the centre of two bowls, place the halibut on top, and garnish with slices of raw asparagus.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box