- 100g quality salted butter
- Small pack of fresh sage, leaves picked
- 100ml chicken (vegetarians can use vegetable) stock
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 350g fresh tagliatelle
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, and add the sage leaves. Cook until the butter has turned deliciously nutty and biscuity, then remove the sage leaves and keep to one side. Whisk in the stock and half the lemon juice.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, in boiling water with plenty of salt. When al dente, drain the pasta and tip it into the pan with the butter. Toss well, and add a little more lemon juice and salt if needed. Serve in a bowl, topped with the sage leaves, and more salt and pepper.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box