- 3 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juice only
- 400g baby squid, tentacles saved
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Bunch of chives, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- Handful of basil
- Handful of mint leaves
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Make your dressing by grinding the chillies and garlic together with the other ingredients in a pestle and mortar, and then setting aside. Clean and prepare the squid by cutting in half and saving the tentacles, then removing the skin and scoring with a sharp knife. Set this aside, too.
- Combine the garlic, chives, spring onions, shallot, tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs in a large bowl. Heat up a wok with the veg and sesame oil, fry the ginger for a minute or two, then add all of the squid meat and cook for 90 seconds (don’t overcook it!).
- Add the dressing from your pestle and mortar to the hot squid and toss through, then add the squid to the salad and mix. Serve immediately, and enjoy.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box