- 2 eggplants, cut into rounds
- 200ml olive oil
- 2 zucchinis, cut into rounds
- 500g potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted red capsicum, cut into strips
- Small bunch of fresh basil and oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 400g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Layer the eggplant slices on a baking tray, brush with oil and season with salt. Roast for 25 mins, then allow to cool. Meanwhile, pour 5mm of olive oil into a frying pan, and fry the zucchini. Drain on kitchen paper and season. Add the potato slices and fry on both sides, for about 10 minutes or until soft and golden. Drain on kitchen paper and season.
- Make the sauce by gently frying the garlic in the olive oil, then adding the tomatoes and thyme. Season well, and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 25 mins.
- Assemble the hotpot by spooning some tomato sauce into an oven dish. Sprinkle with fresh herbs, and top with the eggplant. Add more sauce and herbs, and layer on the zucchini, then repeat with the sauce and herbs, layer on the capsicum strips, then finish with more sauce and the potato slices. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180C, then serve with crusty bread.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box