- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g potato, finely diced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder (or your own preferred spice mix)
- 100ml vegetable stock
- For the pastry
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 225g plain flour
- About 2 litres of oil for frying
- Kick things off by making your filling. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and gently fry the onion and garlic for 10 minutes. Add the vegetables, season well, and fry for a further 3 minutes. Add the stock, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Next, make the pastry. Mix together the flour and the salt in a bowl, make a well in the centre, then add 100ml cold water and your oil, and mix to make a firm dough. Knead for 7-8 minutes on a floured surface, roll into a ball, and cover with film. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide your pastry into 12 pieces of approximately equal size. Roll each piece into a ball, then roll out to create a circle of about 15cm diameter. Cut the circle into two equal pieces with a sharp knife.
- Now to form the samosas! Brush the edges with a little water, then form a cone shape with the pastry around your fingers. Fill the cone with about 1 tbsp of the veg mix, then press the dampened edges together to seal. Once all completed, heat up the oil in your pan, and deep fry your samosas for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper, then serve hot or cold.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box