- 150g shredded red cabbage
- 1 apple, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 25g soaked raisins
- 1⁄2 tsp capers
- 1 1⁄2 tsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 x 150g venison steaks
- Knob of butter
- 25g chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C, and prep the slaw by mixing the cabbage, apple, onion, capers, and raisins in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix the oil and vinegar, then toss into your cabbage mix and leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Season your venison steaks with salt, and heat the knob of butter in your frying pan. Brown the venison on both sides, then transfer to the oven for 4 minutes. Remove, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. To serve, mix the parsley into the slaw, slice the venison steaks, and serve with the meat on top of your cabbage.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box