- 75ml white wine vinegar
- 75g sugar
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented, zest reserved
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 75ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp black olives
- 4 whiting fillets
- Salt and pepper
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Handful of fresh watercress
- Place the sugar and vinegar in a small pan, and gently heat for 4 minutes until a syrup is formed. Chuck in the orange zest, the orange segments, the fennel, olive oil, and olives, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Season the whiting fillets well, then fry in 2 tbsp of olive oil - skin side down - for 2 minutes. Turn the fillets over, add the knob of butter, and fry for a further 2-3 minutes to cook through.
- Put the watercress and tarragon in a salad bowl, add the orange mixture, and mix well. Serve the whiting fillet on a bed of the salad. Nice!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box