- 5g dried wild mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 70g bacon lardons or finely chopped bacon
- 1⁄4 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 200g tagliatelle
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 150g fresh wild mushrooms
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- 50g butter
- 50g parmesan
- Pop the dried mushrooms in a bowl and cover with cold water to soak for 10 mins. Add 2 tbsp of oil to a pan and fry the bacon for 5 minutes, or until crisp. Chuck in the chilli and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes more. Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, drain the dried mushrooms, reserving the soaking juices, and add to the pan with the bacon. Pour in the soaking juices and simmer until reduced by half, then add the tomato and fresh mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes. Scatter the parsley over the top.
- Drain the pasta, and add to the sauce. Stir in the cheese and butter to create an emulsion, and then serve drizzled with olive oil. Yes!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box