- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 chopped chillies
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or similar
- 110ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 sea bass fillets, scored 3 times with a sharp knife
- Stir-fried vegetables, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat up the veg oil in a wok, and once starting to smoke, stir-fry the ginger, chillies, and garlic with the spring onion for 2 minutes to soften.
- Stir in the chilli paste and fry for another minute. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, and chicken stock, and bring to a simmer. Add the sesame oil and cook for 2 minutes to thicken, then remove the wok from the heat.
- Place the fish fillets on a baking tray, and brush liberally with the Sichuan sauce mix. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through, and serve with stir-fried veggies and a drizzle of the sauce on top.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box