- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- Salt and pepper
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk lemongrass, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 100g noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- Rub the squid all over with olive oil, and season liberally with salt and pepper. Heat up a griddle pan, and fry the squid for 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan continually, until charred all over. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Heat up a little olive oil in the pan, and add the chilli, garlic, and lemongrass. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Toss in the lime juice, soy, sesame oil, and noodles. Stir well, then pour in the beaten egg. Cook for 2 more minutes, tossing the egg, and then stir in the coriander. Serve in a bowl, topped with the chargrilled squid rings, and garnished with more fresh coriander.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box