- 8 white potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 big crab claws or equivalent of white crabmeat
- 2 handfuls of grated Cheddar
- 1 egg
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Handful of chives, chopped
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- Flour, for dusting
- Boil the potatoes for about 12-15 minutes in salted water, or until tender and mashable. Drain, and mash until fairly smooth. In a bowl, combine the crabmeat, mash, cheese, egg, spring onion, chives, lemon zest, and plenty of salt and pepper. Add the chilli sauce, and stir to mix all together.
- Dust your hands with flour, and cover your work surface with a dusting of flour, too. Mould the crab mixture into six patties. Fry in butter for 2 or 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Serve with salad.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box