- 3 red chillies
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- ½ lime
- 225g halloumi, sliced into 8 pieces
- Your choice of salad leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Start this quick and easy recipe by making a basic sweet chilli sauce. Slice two of the chillies (and leave the seeds in), then finely chop the third and remove the seeds. Add to a small saucepan along with the honey, and squeeze about a tsp of lime juice into the mix. Bring to a bubble on the hob, then turn it down to the lowest setting. Stir frequently for 4 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Before you get started on your halloumi, arrange a pair of plates with your favourite salad leaves. Slice the remaining lime half into wedges, and arrange nicely with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat a dry, heavy-based frying pan or griddle. When hot, place the halloumi slices onto it and dry-fry for about a minute on each side. Ideally, you want some nice char lines on them.
- Place the halloumi slices on top of your salad, and smear the red, sticky chilli sauce on top of the cheese. Eat immediately, and enjoy!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box